Spunmelt Fabric (SMS/SMMS)
Spunmelt fabric is a composite non-woven fabric. It is a composite product of spunbond and meltblown, which has the advantages of high strength, good filtering performance, no adhesive, and non-toxic.
USEON provides SMS/SMMS fabric according to your needs.
Use the Best PP Raw Materials
- Kasen Spinneret and Die Components
Photos of SMS / SMMS Nonwoven Fabric Machine
More About USEON SMS/SMMS Fabric
What’s Spunmelt Fabric
Spunmelt is a composite non-woven fabric. It is a composite product of spunbond and meltblown.
So, What is SMS or spunbond meltblown spunbond?
Spunbond meltblown spunbond fabric, commonly known as SMS fabric, is a three-layer non-woven fabric.
According to different purposes, generally there are some types such as SMS, SMMS, SSMMS. We can mainly provide high quality SMS and SMMS.
Spunmelt Fabric Specifications
Width: Available in widths up to 320 cm
GSM Range (g/sq.m): 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 50 (MAX 200gsm)
Color: White, Blue, etc.
Spunmelt Fabric Performance
Spunmelt non-woven fabric is non-toxic, tasteless, and efficient in separating bacteria. Through special treatment of the equipment, it can achieve antistatic, anti-alcohol, anti-plasma, and water-repellent properties.
- Lightweight: Polypropylene resin is used as the main raw material for production, only three-fifths of cotton, which is fluffy and has a good hand feeling.
- Soft: It is composed of fine fibers (2-3D) and is formed by light-point hot-melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
- Water-repellent and breathable: Polypropylene slices do not absorb water, have zero water content, and have good water-repellent properties. They are made of 100% fiber and are porous and air-permeable. It is easy to keep the cloth dry and easy to wash.
- Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is produced with FDA food-grade raw materials, does not contain other chemical components, has stable performance, is non-toxic, non-odor, and does not irritate the skin.
- Anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemically blunt substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the corrosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid.
- Antibacterial property: The product is water-repellent, not moldy, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid, and is not moldy.
- Good physical properties: It is made of polypropylene spun yarn directly spread into a net and thermally bonded. The strength of the product is better than that of ordinary staple fiber products. The strength is non-directional, and the strength is similar in the vertical and horizontal directions.
Spunmelt Fabric Applications
Spunmelt composite fabrics are produced according to usage, and the number of M layers in the middle is determined by different customer needs. Therefore, in the following discussion, they are collectively referred to as SMS.
SMS can be treated with anti-alcohol, anti-blood, anti-oil, anti-static, anti-bacterial, anti-aging and other treatments to meet the needs of different uses. The excellent characteristics of SMS non-woven fabrics determine its wide range of applications
- Thin SMS non-woven fabric, due to its good waterproof and breathable properties, is particularly suitable for the sanitary material market, such as sanitary napkins, sanitary pads, baby diapers, adult incontinence pants, etc. Wait;
- SMS non-woven fabrics of medium thickness are suitable for use in medical treatment, such as surgical gowns, surgical drapes, surgical drapes, sterilization bandages, wound placards, plasters, etc., and also suitable for industrial work clothes and protection Service etc.;
- Thick SMS non-woven fabrics are widely used as high-efficiency filter materials for various gases and liquids. At the same time, they are also excellent high-efficiency oil-absorbing materials. They are used in industrial waste water degreasing, marine oil cleaning and industrial wipes.
The thickness is mainly determined by the weight of M or S of each layer. The SMS fabric we currently supply is mostly used in medical treatment.
How to Make SMS/SMMS Fabric
In this video, we’ll show you how to make SMMS non-woven fabric.